Please click here to go to my new website!
Every writer eventually needs a Beta Reader. When your manuscript is as good as you can make it, you need to take the next step of bringing to all that hard work a fresh pair of eyes. After months or years of working on your manuscript, it’s easy to lose objectivity.
I’ve over 50 years of reading experience behind me, and it’s as a reader that I’ll approach your work. Your story must stimulate my imagination, entice me into an unforgettable journey, and be readable clear to the end. I want to help you in anyway I can to make the transition from dreaming to publishing. When you succeed, so do I! The ability to guide you into the right path for your novel is one I find highly satisfying.
As your Beta Reader I will do the following:
- Pay attention to story inconsistencies
- Dedicate a reasonable amount of time for your beta read
- Assess character and plot development
- Check the authenticity of your dialogue
- Approach your manuscript as an unbiased reader (rather than an editor)
- Offer helpful and honest criticism, which includes ideas on improving your story
- Be available to answer questions regarding the beta read
Please click here for my rates.
*Note: Spelling, grammar and punctuation corrections are not part of the beta read process.